EGHA and NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program
EGHA is excited to partner with the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Player's Association (NHL/NHLPA) First Shift Program this season! This will be an all girls program in the fall of 2022.
Registration will begin on June 1, at 10:00am. Visit www.FirstShift.ca to register.
Dates, times and locations for the NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program will be communicated as they are confirmed.
This program will run in Fall 2022.
What ages can register for the First Shift Program?
- The NHL/NHL First Shift program is open to children, between the ages of 6 and 10 years old*, who have never previously enrolled in minor hockey within Canada or the NHL/NHLPA First Shift program.
- *To be eligible to participate, children must be born between January 1, 2012 and May 1, 2017.
When does registration open?
- Registration for the NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program opens on June 1, 2022, at 10:00am
What is the cost to register?
- The registration fee is $229.
- This fee covers the 6 week program, player insurance and head-to-toe hockey Bauer equipment.
What is the NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program?
- The NHL/NHLPA First Shift is a program designed to ease kids and their families into the sport of hockey in a fun and friendly environment.
How long does the NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program run?
- Dates and times are to be confirmed
- The program will start with a Welcome Event (date, time and location TBD)
- The program will have 6 sessions - one per week on the same day, at the same time to make it convenient for parents to schedule (dates, times, locations TBD)
What is a Welcome Event?
- The NHL/NHLPA First Shift kicks off with a Welcome Event which is our opportunity to welcome you into our hockey community.
- Players will be introduced to the local program administrators and coaches.
- Players will receive an overview of the 6 week program.
- Important information about the proper fit and maintenance of equipment with a demonstration of "how to get dressed"
- Each player will be individually fitted for equipment to take home - ready to start the season!
For more information, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org